As a freshman in college, I will admit that there are still a lot of things that don’t yet make sense to me, but I’m here to tell you what I have started to piece together. I’ve realized on a daily basis, I see the crystal clear signs that remind me that Mother knows best. So now I want to let you know that you were right when you told me.
25 Things Mom Was Right About
- Don’t pick at the pimple.
- It probably looks better on than it does on the hanger.
- A black tank top under a white shirt isn’t a solution.
- If you’re not sure if it’s worth buying, wait and see if you’re still thinking about it three days later.
- I don’t need all of that dark eyeliner to look good.
- Never travel without your glasses, and while you’re at it, just make a packing list.
- It’s worth it to practice piano.
- It’s worth it to lose the weight.
- Write everything down. No one has a perfect memory.
- “I know it’s sad now, but one day it’s going to be a very funny story.”
- Don’t dig yourself a hole at the beginning of the semester just to climb out of it at the end.
- It’s not attractive to look like you’re trying to get attention.
- Don’t do anything that you would call stupid if you saw the story of someone who did it in news the next day.
- Not every minute of the day has to be filled with social plans. Chill.
- It’s never worth it to get caught in a lie.
- Body language matters.
- I’m so much fun that I don’t need alcohol.
- Text messages aren’t the appropriate way to ask for a favor or sincerely thank an adult. Pick up the phone and call.
- Always try to get an A, because sometimes you’ll still end up with a B…and if you only try for a B, then you’ll probably end up with a C.
- Even the good boys change their minds, so continue to love, but make sure not to lose yourself.
- My little sister will learn from my behavior.
- Shortcuts aren’t usually shortcuts.
- My sisters are the reason I smile every day.
- Dad is the most incredible human being to walk this planet.
- “I really think you will thank me for this one day.”
…Today is the day. Thank you, Mom. I love you.
P.S. One thing that I still stand by: Leggings ARE pants. Leggings are the best kind of pants. They look AWESOME. They FEEL AWESOME. That is why everyone wears leggings as pants. Long live my leggings!!!