Your Teen LLC., including Your Teen Magazine, Your Teen, yourteenmag.com and Your Teen Media (collectively “YTM”) operates yourteenmag.com website.
YTM realizes the importance of feeling safe online and is fully committed to ensuring that your privacy is respected and protected.
This page sets out YTM’s policies regarding:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your information.
- The security procedures in place to protect your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Please read the following to understand the practices regarding personal information.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should contact us.
1) How YTM Collects Information
We may collect the information that you provide through:
(1) Member Registration & Email Newsletters
(2) Offers from YTM and any subsidiaries, or any sponsors and any subsidiaries for any products or services offered by the above entities
(3) Polls and Surveys, asking for feedback on the website and existing or prospective products and services, as well as information to better understand our users. Any information we obtain in such surveys will only be shared with third parties in aggregate, anonymous form. Market-place surveys may be shared in aggregate, anonymous form as part of press releases or jointly released with other 3rd parties.
(4) If you use our “Email to a friend” service to email one of our articles to a friend, you will need to provide us with your friend’s email address and your email address as a return address. We will automatically send this person a one-time email, with the recommended article attached, as well as invite your friend to subscribe. We will not use these email addresses for any other purpose.
(5) When you engage in an ecommerce transaction on the YTM site you may be asked to provide credit card information and other personally identifiable information in order to complete the transaction.
Except as permitted by this policy, we do not send unsolicited e-mail.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
3) How YTM Uses the Collected Information
YTM uses the information you provide for several purposes, 1) to communicate with you, 2) to give you a better experience when visiting YTM by personalizing tools, content, services, and email messages and 3) to build new services and develop offers that YTM believes are relevant and valuable to you.
The information collected by YTM is also used to create aggregated portraits of the YTM audience, portraits which present anonymous statistical demographic information but no personally identifiable information. This aggregated information is used, among other things, to determine trends and needs, and also to supply market research to potential advertisers and partners to help them understand the YTM audience.
4) Disclosure of personally identifiable information to Third Parties
YTM does not sell or otherwise share personally identifiable information with unaffiliated third parties without your consent, except in the following instances:
(i) disclosure is required by applicable law or pursuant to a court or similar order;
(ii) as deemed necessary, in YTM’s discretion, to protect the legal rights or the property of YTM, a member or third party, or to prevent personal injury; and/or
(iii) in the event of a sale, merger, assignment, joint venture or other transfer or disposition of a portion or all of the assets or stock of YTM or its affiliated entities (including, without limitation, in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
In addition, YTM may provide personally identifiable information to third parties who are providing technical or fulfillment services on behalf of YTM when such disclosure is required in order to provide those services.
YTM sweepstakes and contests may be sponsored by unaffiliated third parties. Information that you provide as part of an entry into a sponsored sweepstakes or contest will be shared with the sponsor only if we advise you of such in the sweepstakes rules. Most sweepstakes and contests will also ask you to consent to the release of information contained within the entry form for tax purposes if you become a winner. You should carefully review the rules of each sweepstakes, contest and giveaway which you enter as they may contain additional important information about YTM’s or a sponsor’s use of your personally identifiable information.
The information you provide on YTM pages that are co-branded with a third party (including tools that are hosted by a third party) may be shared with advertisers and partners on an aggregated, anonymous basis and in these instances your permission will not be requested since no personally identifiable information will be shared or provided to these third party sponsors or advertisers.
5) Third Party Advertisements
This Site is affiliated with CMI Marketing, Inc., d/b/a CafeMedia (“CafeMedia”) for the purposes of placing advertising on the Site, and CafeMedia will collect and use certain data for advertising purposes. To learn more about CafeMedia’s data usage, click here: www.cafemedia.com/publisher-advertising-privacy-policy
6) IP Addresses and Cookies
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
(a) https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en (Chrome);
(d) https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer);
(e) https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac (Safari); and
Please note that blocking cookies may have a negative impact on the functions of many websites, including our Site. Some features of the Site may cease to be available to you.
Once you access another web site through a hyperlink, you are no longer on the YTM site, and are then subject to the privacy policies of the specific web site containing that material. YTM has no control over, and assumes no responsiblity for, the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
If you are a child under the age of 18, you must obtain parental consent prior to using You Teen’s website. YTM will not knowingly contact or engage with children under the age of 18 without said parental consent. If you have reason to believe that a child has provided us with their personal information, please contact us at the address given above and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
9) Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time.
You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
This Site is affiliated with CMI Marketing, Inc., d/b/a CafeMedia (“CafeMedia”) for the purposes of placing advertising on the Site, and CafeMedia will collect and use certain data for advertising purposes. To learn more about CafeMedia’s data usage, click here: https://www.cafemedia.com/publisher-advertising-privacy-policy
Last Modified November 11, 2022