You know those delicious, thin Biscoff cookies that you sometimes get on the airplane, if you are lucky enough to receive a snack at all? Now you can enjoy that flavor infused in a cookie bar treat that will delight your whole family, no matter how picky they are. The secret ingredient? Biscoff Crunchy Cookie Cream. (Who knew there was such a delight?)
Kosher personal chef Naomi Nachman, also known as the Aussie Gourmet, says, “I developed this recipe for one of my kosher.com videos. Throughout my travels, people stopped me to let me know how much they love it.”
One bite, and you will know why. Easy to make and incredibly fun to eat, have your teens help out in the kitchen.
Lotus Butter Cookie Bars
Yields 12 bars | Freezer friendly
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 (13.4-ounce) jar Lotus Biscoff Crunchy Cookie Butter
- 10 Lotus biscuits, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 1 (9 x 13-inch) pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine flour, sugar, oil, egg, and vanilla in a medium bowl to form a dough. The dough should be a little crumbly.
- Spread and pat down about ¾ of the dough into prepared pan, saving the remaining dough for the topping. The dough layer should be ¼-inch thick and the dough should be firm.
- Transfer Cookie Butter to a microwave-safe bowl; microwave for 30 seconds to soften the butter. Alternatively, open jar, remove foil seal, and microwave right in the jar.
- Spread softened Cookie Butter over the dough. Sprinkle the remaining crumbled dough and crushed Lotus biscuits all over the Cookie Butter.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool slightly; cut into squares or bars.
Cook’s Tip: If you prefer a creamier texture in your cookies, you can use the Biscoff Smooth Cookie Butter instead.