Do you have a budding young baker in your house? And a microwave? The cake recipes in Chef Gemma Stafford’s My 50+ Microwaveable Mug Meals are sophisticated and delicious yet do not require the oven or lots of ingredients. No one will guess that they were made in a microwave in minutes. And if your young chef loves to bake—but isn’t so great about cleaning up the dishes afterwards—you will love the fact that clean up is also quick and easy.
“We all know that dessert is the most important meal of the day, so let’s get down to business with this Microwave Mug Nutella Brownie,” says Chef Gemma. “It is really chocolatey, and it’s chewy. It’s perfect for after school, sleepovers, or any time you want something delicious in just a few minutes.“
And sometimes you wouldn’t mind something warm and chocolatey, either. What better treat for a cold wintery afternoon than a Nutella brownie in a mug?
This recipe is sure to become a favorite for the whole family.
3-Ingredient Microwave Mug Nutella Brownie
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp (3 ¼ oz/90g) Nutella
- 1 large egg, gently whisked
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- In a large microwavable mug, whisk together the Nutella and egg.
- Add flour, and mix until the batter is smooth.
- Microwave for roughly 45 seconds – 1 minute. Always keep a close eye on your mug while it is in the microwave, so it doesn’t overflow or overcook.
- When the brownie is set and firm on top, it is done. Let the brownie cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve with some vanilla ice cream while the brownie is still warm.
Notes: Mugs can be mixed up in advance and microwaved when you’re ready. Cooking time will vary depending on your microwave and the width and depth of the mug. Take care not to overcook, or the brownies can dry out.