When it comes to meals made easy, baked salmon simply can’t be overlooked. In addition to being loaded with protein and heart-healthy omega-3s, it is almost effortless to prepare—making it a must for any busy family’s weeknight dinner rotation.
And if you can spare an hour to let it soak in a tasty marinade, the flavor gods will most certainly reward your patience. Find out for yourself with this Maple Dijon Salmon recipe, which packs a sweet and savory punch for that perfect autumn dish.
Maple Dijon Salmon
Serves 4. Prep time: 1 hour, 5 minutes. Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons grainy Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 4 (4-oz.) salmon fillets
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, mustard, garlic, and thyme until well-combined.
- Place the salmon fillets in a large zipper bag. Pour the marinade over the salmon. Close the zipper bag and massage the fillets until they are evenly coated in the marinade. Refrigerate the salmon for at least 1 hour, with the option to leave it in overnight.
- When it’s time to cook the salmon, preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange the fillets skin side down on the prepared baking sheet. Be sure to discard the remaining marinade. Season each fillet with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the salmon is firm and flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Mix It Up: This flavorful marinade is also amazing on pork chops.
Maple Dijon Salmon is excerpted from The Domestic Geek’s Meals Made Easy: A Fresh Fuss-Free Approach To Healthy Cooking © 2019 Inspired Entertainment/Sara Lynn Cauchon. Photography © 2019 Inspired Entertainment. Reproduced by permission of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All rights reserved.