Here’s a common problem: You want healthy, and your kids want sweet. Just the mention of vegetables sends them running for the hills. Whether your kids are five or fifteen, parents often need to find a way to sneak more healthy snacks into their diets. But the older they get, the harder it is to hide. So what can you do?
Well here’s a secret: There’s Kale in this easy-to-make smoothie. But no one needs to know that, thanks to a delicious combination of berries, apple, and banana. Sweet, healthy, and tasty? You and your kids will love it! Need something good for early school mornings or a teen on the go? Give your teens the healthy (and tasty) boost they need.
- 1 cup almond milk or rice milk
- ½ a banana or 1 small banana
- ½ cup of frozen blueberries (wild or organic at Trader Joe’s)
- ½ cup of frozen strawberries or raspberries (also organic)
- 1 Tbsp of Chia seeds (super food that is high in Omega 3’s)
- 1 generous handful of Kale
- 4 apple slices to add sweetness
- For even more added sweetness, add a little agave syrup
1. Add all of the ingredients to the blender. Blend until smooth.
This recipe by Hayley Dubin, Health and Wellness Coach at revivewellness.com.
Hayley Dubin is a certified health coach through the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, and founder of reVIVE wellness. As a 20-year ovarian cancer survivor, her mission is to help people overcome the physical, mental and emotional challenges that the cancer journey can bring. Her work focuses on individuals that have completed treatment for cancer as well as those with a strong family history. She teaches her clients how to nourish their body, mind and soul so that they can feel confident in their ability to remain healthy and cancer-free.