As the school year begins, high school students across the country are gearing up for one of the most exciting events of the fall semester: homecoming. This annual dance is a time for students to dress up, dance the night away, and make lasting memories with friends. However, before the big night can arrive, there’s one important step that must be taken: asking your crush to be your homecoming date. It’s completely normal to feel nervous about this, but with a little creativity and planning, you can come up with a proposal that’s sure to make your crush say “yes.” In this article, we’ll explore some fun and unique homecoming proposal ideas that will help you make a lasting impression on your crush.
What is homecoming?
The purpose of homecoming is to celebrate school spirit and bring together current students, alumni, and the local community. It is typically a week-long event that includes a formal dance, where students dress up and dance the night away. The homecoming dance is one of the biggest dances of the year, almost as big as prom. During homecoming week, schools often organize a variety of activities, such as pep rallies, parades, and football games. It’s a time for students to show their school pride, connect with their peers, and create lasting memories.
Homecoming Poster Ideas
One of the most popular ways to ask someone to homecoming is by making a poster. These are also known as “hoco signs” and usually include some form of pun. Think about who you want to ask, what their interests are, and what creative posters you can make around those interests. Think about sports, food, music, movies, or anything else they’re into. Here are some ideas for inspiration:
Sporty homecoming poster ideas
- “Will you tackle homecoming with me?”
- “You’re a catch, will you be my homecoming date?”
- “I’m shooting my shot, will you be my homecoming date?”
- “Let’s make a racket at homecoming”
- “I’m diving headfirst into homecoming, will you be my date?”
- “I’m serving up a date to homecoming, will you be my partner?”
- “It is my goal to go to homecoming with you”
Foodie homecoming proposal ideas
- “I’m a sucker for you, will you be my homecoming date?”
- “I’m a little cheesy, but will you be my homecoming date?”
- “I’m nacho average date, will you go to homecoming with me?”
- “Will you go to homecoming with me? I’ll scoop you up!”
- “I’m bananas for you, will you go to homecoming with me?”
- “I’m muffin without you, will you be my homecoming date?”
- “I think you’re burritoful, will you go to homecoming with me?”
- “I donut know anyone I’d rather go to homecoming with”
Cute ways to ask someone to homecoming
One of the most important parts when asking someone to homecoming is to show effort. You don’t want your potential date to feel like you’re not excited to go with them. Here is a list of creative ways you can ask someone to homecoming and show you care!
- Create a personalized crossword puzzle with clues leading to the question “Will you go to homecoming with me?”
- Write a message on a T-shirt and wear it to school or a public event.
- Put a note inside a balloon and have it pop when your crush opens it.
- Create a scavenger hunt with clues leading to the proposal location.
- Spell out “Homecoming?” with candles or lights on the front lawn or in a public area.
- Make a personalized video or song asking your crush to be your homecoming date.
- Write a message on a cake or cupcakes and have it delivered to your crush’s doorstep.
- Create a “promposal” with a bouquet of flowers and a note asking your crush to be your date.
- Write a message on a jigsaw puzzle and have your crush put it together to reveal the proposal.
- Use chalk to write on their driveway or the sidewalk at school.
- Make a personalized fortune cookie with the proposal message inside.
- Write a poem for them that ends with asking them to homecoming.
- Recruit some friends to make something large that takes multiple people to set up.
How to ask someone to homecoming
It is completely normal to be nervous about asking someone to homecoming, especially if you don’t know whether or not they will say yes. The best way to go about it is to not procrastinate and do it at the last minute. You want to show your potential date that you’re genuinely interested in taking them and you can do so by putting in effort into the ask. At the end of the day, homecoming is supposed to be fun, so don’t overthink it!