Writer’s Contract: Release and Copyright Assignment
By writing for Your Teen Magazine for Parents, you are agreeing to the following:
Ownership of Rights: Your Teen will have the exclusive, unlimited, irrevocable publication rights for your article from the date of first publication until 45 days after. Your Teen and licensees will also have the unlimited, irrevocable right to digitize or otherwise electronically scan and publish your article on printed materials and websites, and store your article for archival purposes forever and without compensation.
In giving such rights, you give Your Teen and licensees a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free license to:
- reproduce, distribute, publicly perform and publicly display your article, in any media, whether now known or hereafter created including, without limitation, electronic distribution and inclusion in archival databases;
- modify your article for publication;
- crop or delete portions of your article in order to accommodate space allotment in the anticipated publication;
- transfer or sublicense any the foregoing rights to any entity. You shall not assert any “moral rights” or other similar rights with respect to your article.
You warrant that the article submitted under this Agreement:
- is your truthful and original work, of which you have sole ownership and right to license,
- has not previously been published,
- does not require the consent of any other party
- does not violate any copyright, privacy or other right of any third party or defame any other party.
Writer may sell the article written for Your Teen in accordance with the following:
Subject to the above-stated rights, you retain the copyrights to your article, including the right (after 45 days from first publication) to publish it as you wish and to prepare other material based on it. You also agree to notify Your Teen, in writing and prior to any such re-publication, of the expected publication date and the name of the publication.
Editing; decision to publish
Your Teen reserves the right to revise or edit your article after submission. Your Teen has the sole discretion to decide whether and when to publish or use your article.
Your Teen may assign its rights and obligations under this Agreement to any entity into which it is merged or consolidated or to which its business assets are sold or otherwise transferred.
The laws of the State of Ohio shall govern the validity of this Agreement, the construction of its terms and the interpretation of the rights and duties of the parties hereto.