If you have any questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should contact us.
1. How Your Teen Collects Information
We may collect the information that you provide through:
(1) Member Registration & Email Newsletters
(2) Offers from Your Teen and any subsidiaries, or any sponsors and any subsidiaries for any products or services offered by the above entities
(3) Polls and Surveys, asking for feedback on the website and existing or prospective products and services, as well as information to better understand our users. Any information we obtain in such surveys will only be shared with third parties in aggregate, anonymous form. Market-place surveys may be shared in aggregate, anonymous form as part of press releases or jointly released with other 3rd parties.
(4) If you use our “Email to a friend” service to email one of our articles to a friend, you will need to provide us with your friend’s email address and your email address as a return address. We will automatically send this person a one-time email, with the recommended article attached, as well as invite your friend to subscribe. We will not use these email addresses for any other purpose.
(5) When you engage in an ecommerce transaction on the Your Teen site you may be asked to provide credit card information and other Personally Identifiable Information in order to complete the transaction.
Except as permitted by this policy, we do not send unsolicited e-mail.
2. How Your Teen Uses the Collected Information
Your Teen uses the information you provide for several purposes, 1) to communicate with you, 2) to give you a better experience when visiting Your Teen by personalizing tools, content, services and email messages. Your Teen also uses this information to build new services and develop offers that Your Teen believes are relevant and valuable to you.
The information collected by Your Teen is also used to create aggregated portraits of the Your Teen audience, portraits which present anonymous statistical demographic information but no personally identifiable information. This aggregated information is used, among other things, to determine trends and needs, and also to supply market research to potential advertisers and partners to help them understand the Your Teen audience.
3. Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information to Third Parties
Your Teen does not sell or otherwise share Personally Identifiable Information with unaffiliated third parties without your consent (please see the Opt-In/Opt-Out Policy below), except in the following instances:
(i) disclosure is required by applicable law or pursuant to a court or similar order;
(ii) as deemed necessary, in Your Teen’s discretion, to protect the legal rights or the property of Your Teen, a member or third party, or to prevent personal injury; and/or
(iii) in the event of a sale, merger, assignment, joint venture or other transfer or disposition of a portion or all of the assets or stock of Your Teen or its affiliated entities (including, without limitation, in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
In addition, Your Teen may provide Personally Identifiable Information to third parties who are providing technical or fulfillment services on behalf of Your Teen when such disclosure is required in order to provide those services.
Your Teen sweepstakes and contests may be sponsored by unaffiliated third parties. Information that you provide as part of an entry into a sponsored sweepstakes or contest will be shared with the sponsor only if we advise you of such in the sweepstakes rules. Most sweepstakes and contests will also ask you to consent to the release of information contained within the entry form for tax purposes if you become a winner. You should carefully review the rules of each sweepstakes, contest and giveaway which you enter as they may contain additional important information about Your Teen’s or a sponsor’s use of your Personally Identifiable Information.
The information you provide on Your Teen pages that are co-branded with a third party (including tools that are hosted by a third party) may be shared with advertisers and partners on an aggregated, anonymous basis and in these instances your permission will not be requested since no Personally Identifiable Information will be shared or provided to these third party sponsors or advertisers.
4. Third Party Advertisements
5. IP Addresses and Cookies
Your Teen may collect IP addresses for site security and to help us understand how people use our site so that we can improve our site and our users’ respective experiences. For similar quality reasons, we may use a feature known as a “cookie.” Cookies contain bits of information that websites transfer to your computer’s hard drive for record-keeping purposes. Cookies can make the Web more convenient by storing information about your preferences on a site. Although we may assign your browser a cookie, the cookie does not tell us who you are. Only you can tell us that. None of this information is sold for commercial use.
Once you access another web site through a hyperlink, you are no longer on the Your Teen site, and are then subject to the privacy policies of the specific web site containing that material. Your Teen is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of third party sites.
If you are a child under the age of 18, you must obtain parental consent prior to using You Teen’s website. Your Teen will not knowingly contact or engage with children under the age of 18 without said parental consent. If you have reason to believe that a child has provided us with their personal information, please contact us at the address given above and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
Last Modified December 11, 2012